|Image Courtesy: www.tekla.com|
Thursday, December 29, 2016
5D BIM demonstrates completely valued parametric building components inside a virtual model in real time. With 5D BIM, it is possible to generate models which show how modifications with materials, layouts, square footage and other design elements influence the display of a facility as well as the cost and schedule of construction (dimensions four and five). It’s similar type of Macro BIM, a technology that is used by estimators to model facilities at the initial phase of design.
5D Macro BIM connects the creative form of design with the strategic function of a building’s architecture, and makes the process more apparent. 5D Macro BIM allows you to model and evaluate all the imaginative things like inventive design concepts, concise exterior finishes, unprecedented layouts, distinctively shaped and aligned departments and floors in different sizes. The costs are evidently apprehended to materials, labor or soft costs.
Benefits of 5D BIM :-
• Understand the scope of the projects in a superior manner with visual and data modeling capabilities. The costs are driven by formulas on every building system on the basis of the certain design, materials, site conditions, phasing and other parameters with reference to the owner’s timeline.
• The project team members will be able to easily understand the projected design, assumptions and cost drivers. They can obtain a transparent and perfect description of scope, cost and schedule upon which funding decisions are taken.
• Data is achieved in real time once the model is developed or modified. Substitute perceptions can also be easily searched, when owner and project team can get the cost and other data disclosed instantly. It radically reduces design and estimation cycle time. With authentic, perfect updates in real time, the efficiency is enhanced.
• Databases allow leveraging historical data as well as industry experience. Data can be utilized from particular sectors like healthcare or distribution center construction.
• All the interested parties associated with the project can visualize the end product and properly understand what’s comprised in the budget.
• The construction costs are modified automatically in real-time with the alteration in the model. “What-if’s” turns to be productive and captivating solution missions for the project team members, specifically the owner.
Article Source : http://www.forconstructionpros.com/
Wednesday, December 28, 2016
GRAPHISOFT, the trusted name in developing Building Information Modeling (BIM) for architects, has launched its intelligent GrasshopperARCHICAD Live Connection for the Mac OS. The first ever bi-directional "live" connection facilitates Rhino and Grasshopper users to be associated with a professional BIM software (ARCHICAD) on both the Windows and Mac platforms.
Rhino-Grasshopper-ARCHICAD connections empower the architects to use the power of the three design programs Rhino, Grasshopper and ARCHICAD and reduce the interval in the design practice among initial phase of design and Building Information Modeling (BIM). Now, Mac users will be able to avail this unique connection with the tools apart from continuous bi-directional geometry transmission and transform basic geometrical shapes to into complete BIM elements, whereas keeping algorithmic editing functionality same.
"We're pleased to offer this revolutionary algorithmic design-to-BIM workflow to our Mac users as well," said Peter Temesvari, Director of Product Management, GRAPHISOFT. The designers can now produce superior design with this revolutionary algorithmic design-to-BIM workflow integrated with the greater architectural BIM solution that operates on Mac platform.
The users can click on the following link to download the free Grasshopper-ARCHICAD Live Connection plug-in for ARCHICAD 20.
To get more updates, visit http://www.graphisoft.com/rhino-grasshopper/.
Tuesday, December 27, 2016
Revit 2017 is launched and it contains some advanced features. Given below, top 3 new features of the software.
1. Depth Cueing: If one just wants to model a building in Revit keeping all default settings, placed elevations on sheets, and printed devoid of any tweaking, the drawings will not appear good. This issue now will be solved as Autodesk finally included the capability to adjust line weights on the basis of the distance.
2. Hosted Railings: It is now possible to host your railings to the top faces of floors, slabs, slab edges, walls, and roofs. Everything, like balusters, will be modified consequently. In this regard, you have to just choose your host while sketching a railing.
3. Text Editor: Finally, Autodesk is set to deliver the text editor inside Revit up to the standards of this century.
Wednesday, December 21, 2016
The most updated version of MagiCAD for Revit and AutoCAD alias version 2016.11 is just launched to make the MEP Design Process more superior. The productivity workflows are significantly improved with this new version. MagiCAD provides a wide-ranging and innovative solution toward all ventilation, piping and electrical Building Information Modelling, design and calculations requirements. MagiCAD 2016.11 is compatible with Revit 2017-2016 and AutoCAD 2017-2013.
With MagiCAD 2016.11 for Revit, the users can get a complete calculation solution on MEP work through Revit platform. The users will be able to execute all the calculations through MagiCAD on native Revit families. The new version comprehensively combines with native Revit units of measurement, improves drawing legends for quantity take-off documents and bills of materials, and offers easy functions for tracing probable errors and failed objects in the model once IFC export is completed.
Besides, MagiCAD2016.11 for Revit presents various intelligent new tools and enhancements for ventilation, piping and electrical design, together with substations and wall boxes as new product types. Significant enhancements like system performance, capabilities for DXF export and support for assembled supports and hangers are included in MagiCAD 2016.11 for Revit toward the design of support and hanger systems for ducts, pipes and cable trays.
Various complicated data processing tasks and project export methods become automatic in MagiCAD 2016.11 for AutoCAD. There are some exciting and new features like a Quick-Start Project Setup Wizard for simple and rapid setup of projects with localized settings, constant update of all model drawings all together, Find & Replace functions for all textual parameters, along with exporting projects to IFC format in batches via automated functions. Besides, MagiCAD 2016.11 for AutoCAD provides new tools, measurements and enhancements for ventilation, piping, electrical and systems design.
MagiCAD optimizes MEP design with the use of Europe’s biggest product model database that includes more than one million actual products and product variants from 220 leading manufacturers all over the globe. Each model inside the database contains precise dimensions and wide-ranging technical data.
For more information, visit www.magicad.com
With RTV Xporter for Autodesk Revit, the users will be able to export and print drawing sheets and views in Autodesk Revit automatically. RTV Xporter contains user-friendly interface to instantly look over, explore and filter Revit drawing sheets and views. Besides, the users can generate PDFs, DWG, DWF, DWFx, DXF and IFC files automatically. With RTV Xporter’s in-built parametric file naming engine, it is possible to automatically saves the exported files to fit any company’s or project team’s file naming conventions conveniently. RTV Xporter also provide support for batch printing to two separate printers concurrently to facilitate the project teams to have sufficient time for designing and coordinating their BIM projects. RTV Xporter is specifically designed for Architects, Interiors Designers, Engineers, Landscape Architects and Visualization Artists who use Autodesk Revit.
The PRO version of the RTV Xporter product facilitates the users to generate and carry out ignored scheduled tasks and batch processes in Autodesk Revit.
The PRO version can scan current Autodesk Revit projects for 2D Drafting Views and automatically remove and save them as separate Revit files, facilitating the users to mine data and content for your BIM projects without any difficulty.
With PRO version, the users can automatically name their exported digital files on the basis of parameters drawn out from their Revit project, along with shared and project parameters linked with Revit Views or Sheets. It will facilitate the users to 'set and forget' the projects file naming syntax while generating any digital documentation.
Batch print large format and abridged hardcopies to two individual printers at the same time.
Download RTV Xporter for Revit
To get more information, visit https://www.rtvtools.com/
Wednesday, December 7, 2016
Unity for Autodesk Revit is newly launched add-in to integrate Autodesk Revit and Unity gaming development platform.
The add-in can be applied for exporting 3D model geometry from Revit to Unity. The users can get first person 3D shooter game like experience when utilizing model produced by Revit as the 3D surroundings.
The add-in offers the following exclusive features :.
• Export of 3D model geometry having materials and textures from Revit to Unity for Autodesk Revit.
• Handling of the resulting 3D model in an equivalent fashion to a 3D first-person shooter game.
• Support of textures together with a capability of using weather effects.
• Formation of a separate workable package to view the exported Revit model in a three-dimensional illustration devoid of requiring either Autodesk Revit or Unity installations.
• Support of HTC Vive virtual reality headset and controllers.
• Support of Intel RealSense camera
Unity for Autodesk Revit supports Autodesk Revit 2015 - 2017.
Go through the following video to get basic add-in functionalities in different modes:
• Unity for Autodesk Revit (Intel RealSense Support) (amcbridge.com)
• Unity for Autodesk Revit (HTC Vive Support) (amcbridge.com)
Sunday, December 4, 2016
A Series Of New Plugins For Autodesk Fusion 360, Revit 2017, 3ds Max 2017 & Maya 2017 Launched By Luxion
Luxion, a recognized developer of high-tech rendering and lighting technology as well as KeyShot, the most powerful real-time ray-tracing and global-illumination software for 3D rendering and animation, just introduced new and updated plugins which again combine KeyShot with a wide array of Autodesk’s 3D modeling applications specifically designed for the Manufacturing, Architectural and Entertainment sectors.
KeyShot facilitates the Designers, Engineers, and 3D Artists to visualize products as they capture shape, allow to define color, finish and materials quickly, provide prototype visuals faster, provide more appealing product reviews and create final product shots that entirely grab and communicate the function and design.
Each newest plugin for the Autodesk products facilitates the user of every software to set up a small plugin to get the ability for uploading the model directly in KeyShot, starting including materials and light and observing it all occurs in real-time, and keep up modifying the model whereas transmitting updates back to KeyShot. Furthermore, users may export KeyShot .bip files devoid of installing KeyShot.
All KeyShot plugins for Autodesk products can be downloaded at free of cost from the KeyShot website (www.keyshot.com) as well as the Autodesk App Exchange. (apps.autodesk.com). The plugins can export a KeyShot .bip file devoid of a license of KeyShot installed. A license of KeyShot is necessary for LiveLinking and the other improved features in each plugin. A KeyShot HD license ($995) consists of unlimited rendering resolution. A KeyShot Pro license ($1995) consists of complete KeyShot Animation capabilities. Floating licenses, Network Rendering, and KeyShotVR, for producing interactive visuals, are also accessible online at keyshot.com, the App Exchange or through a qualified KeyShot reseller.
The following features are available with each plugin:
KeyShot for Revit plugin – NEW
• Compatible with Revit 2015 – 2017 Support
• LiveLinking model update technology
• Retain family structure
• Support for camera export
• Support for export of RPC placeholder objects
• Support for matching of Revit compass
To get more information, please go through the following link www.awn.com
Friday, December 2, 2016
Chaos Group introduces V-Ray 3 for Revit, a professional rendering plugin that caters to fulfill the requirements of architects and designers. An intuitive interface and streamlined controls have made V-Ray 3 for Revit is considered as the most design-friendly renderer due to its user-friendly interface and smooth controls. The users will be able to produce superior quality renders directly in Autodesk Revit.
V-Ray 3 for Revit is developed on the basis of the industry-standard rendering technology that is applied by 92 of the top 100 architecture firms. The technology can be used for professional design and visualization projects, from imagery to VR. V-ray is considerably improved to manage big BIM datasets as well as maintain the reliability of the BIM database. Thus, the architects will be able to include natural lights, cameras and materials with the use of a non-destructive workflow.
With V-Ray for Revit, the users can render countless imagery and utilize it as part of the design process. The architects can explore various ideas, obtain feedback, and take decisions quickly.
V-Ray for Revit exposes visualization fit for the whole design team. Now each team member gets the ability to communicate more efficiently at every phase of the design process.
Some of the exclusive features:
• Design-Friendly Interface – Rapidly equalize quality and speed with V-Ray for Revit’s render presets. Work in draft mode for initial recapitulations and switch to superior quality for demonstrations.
• Physical Materials – Automatically transform Revit materials to V-Ray’s physically-correct format.
• Diagrammatic Materials – Smoothly generate scenes which appear as diagrammatic or like a scale model with material presets like basswood and foam core.
• Physically Based Lighting – Correct options for IES and HDR image-based lighting, along with support for Revit Sun and Sky.
• One-Click VR Output – VR cameras will be useful for the designers to check scale throughout the design process.
• Aerial Perspective – Include natural atmospheric depth with aerial perspective.
• Section Boxes – Render sections smoothly with complete support for Revit’s native section boxes.
• Denoiser – Automatically eliminates artifacts and noise, cutting render times with GPU-acceleration.
• Material Editor – Import and edit VRmats exported from V-Ray for 3ds Max, Rhino and SketchUp.
• V-Ray Swarm – New web-based distributed rendering facilitates firms to accelerates rendering times with the use of the power of all accessible desktops and render nodes.
Availability: V-Ray 3 for Revit is now compatible with Windows platform as well as Autodesk Revit 2015, 2016, 2017. The users can buy a full workstation license for $695, €500, or £430, and includes a new online licensing option.
The following construction video briefly demonstrate how BIM was utilized to create the replica of Raith Interchange, The £500M M8 M73 M74 Motorway Improvements Project in Scotland.
Besides, serving to gaming industry as well as facilitating design, build, maintain and manage construction projects, BIM becomes also very useful for major roadway projects.
Intelligent 3D models of new infrastructure consist of everything from the underground location of utility services to the type of street lighting installed as well as replacing the wattage of a bulb is also done by applying BIM.
BIM was applied to perform clash detection analysis, time-lapse visualizations and many other features which enhance project collaboration and co-ordination process significantly.
In the Raith Interchange project, BIM enhances communication and coordination among design and construction teams and leads to superior and more compliant infrastructure and save considerable time and money. Improved communication with road users and local communities is another major advantage with the use of BIM.
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Get the complete design drawings of CAD dwg,dxf and pdf Steel Frame Hangar. These entire sets of structural design drawings belong to industrial building. One can use them in the projects which will be executed in future.
The front half of the hangar remains at 18.0m single span portal frame while the second half remains at 36.0m double span portal frame containing a mezzanine steel floor. Elevated crane supported from the portal frame columns runs the entire span of the building. The whole building consists of 1,400square meters ( 15,000sq.feet ) of workshop area.
Single and double span roof supported with 40mm thick insulated sandwich panel system having rain water and valley gutters. The substantial horizontal crane loads (throughout stop and go) as well as other horizontal loadings ( i.e. earthquake, wind loads etc ) can be resisted by Portal frames bracing.
Foundation system is formed with single pad footings containing concrete pier column and connecting ground beams to make up differential settlement. All details are given below.
The entire set of drawings contain the following :
• plan views of column layout, foundation, mezzanine slab, crane & roof
• foundation details
• all steel column and beams connection details
• portal frame elevation views
• mezzanine steel decking slab cross section
• side elevation views with vertical bracing details
Link for Download steel frame hanger complete design drawings